Frequently Asked Questions
Answer all of your questions
Our School and Trading Community
There are several things which distinguish IOTAF:
- A significant investment in market intelligence and communications infrastructure gives students everything they need to succeed. To our knowledge, nobody invests this much in their teaching/trading infrastructure.
- Internship and Apprenticeship programs which give students complete preparation for careers in trading and financial research.
- A course structure which allows for absorption of knowledge. The learning never stops as graduates become part of an elaborate support community that continues after graduation.
- Innovative training and mentoring methods; We will challenge you to go beyond anything you have ever learned about the markets and learn how to master the mental element of trading.
- Small classes which ensure personal attention and one-on-one mentoring with instructors who feel responsible for your success.
- Instruction at your current level of knowledge. We interview students and prepare them before classes commence to ensure a high standard of learning.
- We help you find a trading product which suits your unique trading personality because no two traders are alike. Success is often a matter of finding your own trading style.
- We do not make money by charging trading commissions. We encourage our traders to wait for truly compelling trade set-ups and to trade less, not more.
You can trade wherever you want! Our graduates have exclusive access to our private student portal where traders and research staff exchange valuable trade ideas on a daily basis.
We also have established partnerships in the USA, Europe and the Mid-east with several proprietary trading firms and can arrange a place for you to trade either on a permanent or monthly basis.
No. Sometimes it is better to start with a clean slate. Many people have erroneous ideas about how to succeed as a trader and this affects their learning.
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience. To ensure that they are at an approximately equal level of trading knowledge before they begin the course, we provide preparatory course material. This includes access to our library and a variety of online materials. This ensures that everyone is at a similar level of knowledge before the course begins.
To a large degree it is just a feeling we get about someone, but some of our best traders have achieved success in another discipline, such as sports, gaming, or poker. They also tend to have an entrepreneurial side to them. Success in trading requires a competitive instinct, an independent spirit, the ability to manage probabilities and the discipline to focus on your strengths and capitalize on them.
We offer the MIT course program three times a year: in the Autumn, Winter and Summer. The formal training program lasts three months. Classes are held in the evenings twice a week, as well as some weekends according to student demand. Make-up classes are also offered for students. As well, we welcome students to retake classes in another session as a way to review the material.
Prospective students should email their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly at 514-439-8644. Each candidate will then be contacted for an interview. It is important for us to know our students personally to give them what they need to succeed.
Yes, we do. We also develop fully customized training programs for financial institutions and cover a range of topics, including: personal financial management, algorithm development, Central Bank analysis and more. For more details, please contact us.
No, we do not charge desk fees to students. Even after our 3 month program our students are offered free desk space for an additional 2 months following the course program. We recognize that the cost of desk fees can be overwhelming for new trading talent such that it can interfere psychologically with any trading strategy. For that reason we make every attempt to limit the costs associated with trading and act as partners in helping our graduates succeed.
Additionally, the desk fees paid by our professional trading staff are among the lowest in the business. When you consider the significant trading infrastructure installed at IOTAF, including research and news services, our desk fees are by far the best value in the trading community.