With the start of 2020, we are looking back at our best trades of the past decade.
10. Going long Spanish government bonds as the European debt crisis got resolved
9. Buying way out-of-the-money front-end put options on the British pound an hour before the Brexit vote results were released.
8. Going short stocks on the first sign of Trump likely to win the presidency until futures limit down, then going massively long stocks and short bonds
7. Shorting stocks as the Fed shrinks its balance sheet
6. Shorting WTI oil as US production soars
5. Going long Western Canada Select Crude Oil the day Alberta announced mandatory production cuts
4. Going long the FAANG+MT stocks
3. Going long bonds as the Federal Reserve does a policy U-turn and decides to cut rates and re-expand their balance sheet
2. The rise and fall of weed stocks
1. Without any dispute, the decade’s best trade was to be long bitcoin
Our Top 5 Trades of 2020
Joins us on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6 pm, at our first public strategy session of the year, where we will discuss in detail our top 5 trades of the year.